Today we announced the arrival of AccuRev 5.7, which includes new functionality and numerous improvements to enhance our customers’ experience.
We are especially excited about the new AccuRev GUI and the Twin Resolution capabilities. Watch the videos below to learn how to use these new features.
Want to see all the new features in AccuRev 5.7? Click here »
New AccuRev GUI look & feel
The AccuRev GUI has benefitted from numerous incremental changes in recent releases (workspace coloration and rounded corners for streams in the StreamBrowser are just two examples). In AccuRev 5.7, the entire look and feel of the GUI has changed to enhance both usability and the overall user experience. Some of the highlights include:
- Larger toolbar buttons
- Enhanced tooltips
- Alternate-row coloration in tables (so called zebra or candy striping)
- Crisper, cleaner fonts throughout
Other improvements to the AccuRev GUI include:
- Preference to control tab layout One of the features of the new AccuRev GUI look and feel is scrolling tabs — when you open more tabs than can be displayed in the AccuRev window, a scroll button appears to provide access to tabs that are not currently visible. If you prefer to have all tabs visible at the same time, you can set a preference that displays tabs in as many rows as needed. The default is to display tabs on a single row and add scrolling as needed.
- Preference for setting the width of streams In previous releases of AccuRev, the width of all stream icons in a column in the StreamBrowser was as wide as the longest stream name in that column. For example, the icon for stream ac_5.5_build would be as wide as stream ac_5.5_dev_workflow_itr4_doc_dfoster. Now you can set a preference on the StreamBrowser tab of the AccuRev Preferences dialog box that makes each stream only as wide as its name.
- Enhanced copy/paste of pathnames You can now copy field values in the Properties dialog box, and in the History Browser, Version Browser, Diff, and other views. For example, to copy the value of the Pathname field in the Properties dialog box, press and hold mouse button 1 and drag the pointer over the value you want to copy.
Twin Detection and Resolution
AccuRev 5.7 introduces several new features and enhancements to help you resolve elements (directories and files) with a (twin) status.
- The Twin Resolution Wizardguides you through the process of resolving an element’s twin status, providing options that allow you to:
- Keep one of the elements in conflict (the other is automatically defuncted), and optionally merge the content
- Keep both of the elements in conflict (by renaming one of them)
The Twin Resolution Wizard is available from the File Browser, Change Palette, and the default group by choosing Use Wizard from the new Resolve Twin Status shortcut menu of any file with a (twin) status.
- Options that allow you to quickly defunct one of the versions in conflict are directly accessible from the new Resolve Twin Status menu.
- The Overlap and Deep Overlap search filters include elements with a (twin) status.
- The (twin) status is listed first in the Status column.
- Elements with (twin) status are highlighted in yellow in the File Browser, Change Palette, and default group.